Friday, August 14, 2009

ALL FOR A RAZOR...

You know that feeling you get as a kid on Christmas morning?  Racing down the stairs to see all the colorful wrapping paper engulfing gifts upon gifts stacked up underneath the Christmas tree.  It's the best feeling in the world, right?  The interesting thing is that as we get older that excitement tends to gradually decrease to a more subtle, sophisticated... "It's Christmas!" sort of expression.  Yesterday, I had a wonderfully relaxing evening, after my work out at the gym, I made it home to be pleasantly greeted by a friend of mine whom I  haven't seen in entirely to long of time.  Her, my sister, and myself went to Andy's ice cream, which was fantastic!  On the way home for some reason the topic of toiletries came up and how I needed to go to a store to buy a new razor, because my fascial hair was becoming strangely similar to one of the 12 apostles, hmmm.  Then all of a sudden my friend replies, "oh why don't you come over to my house we have boxes of razors."  Of course my reaction was, "ptsh okay why not?"  So we ended up driving over to her house and she took us up to a spare room and all of a sudden, it was Christmas morning all over again!  There were boxes full of men's and women's razors, and toothpaste.  The closet was over flowing with shampoos and skin care products, conditioner and body washes!  It was amazing, almost every toiletry item a man or woman can think of.  So we spent the next 30-45 minutes just rummaging through all the different brands and filling our grocery bags.  My only thought was, "Take that walgreens!  I'll never have to buy another razor again!"  I'm not going to lie I've never felt so stripped of my masculinity before as we all were laughing smelling all the different shampoos and hair products.  It was definitely a memorable experience, that I don't think I will ever forget.  Christmas comes twice this year  ;)

No comments: