Thursday, May 28, 2009

2 Days until THE DAY!

Oh man how long has it been!  I am so sorry to everyone for my absence; life has been a "little" busy ;)  Well I want to give an update of where my life is going at present.  I have just arrived here in BEAUTIFUL Kona, Hawaii... beautiful of course would not have been my first words to describe the land where my plane touched down into... (will elaborate on shortly).

For those who do not know, for the past 30 some odd weeks I have been in training, and now the day is but 2 stars away... my big race!  The 2009 70.3 Ironman Hawaii Triathlon!  This is definitely a nerve wrecking time for me, but also SO EXCITING, as I am reaching closer to a life long achievement.  Now if you are unfamiliar with the sport, a triathlon consists of 3 disciplines:  Swim, Bike, Run and the 70.3 represents the TOTAL MILEAGE in which I will be undergoing; 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and a 13.1 mile run... as I duke it out head to head with my fellow triathletes, father time, and the grueling heat and volcanic weather conditions that reside in KONA! 

"I don't want to be a product of my environment... I want my environment to be a product of me..."


No comments: