Wednesday, July 23, 2008

What a Day it was!!! :)

Well Hello EVERYONE,

Well the events that occur in this blog are a little dated back, so I apologize, but life is moving along swimmingly... if that is a word. Anyways, I had one of the best days of my life in a good long while. It started out with my first senior pictures shoot, and it went really well, got to meet some really great people, and after looking over the finished products, the pictures turned out great :) After that, I had the privilege of attending a very good friend's birthday party, Sarah Barlow, at a really fancy Japanese inspired restaurant. The food was splendiferous... haha you like that word ;) and the company was even better, the table was graced with a delicious array of foods and seated encompassing this table was some of the most delightful and stunning young women found in the greater Chicago land area, because each one of them "looks FANTASTIC!!!" as I quoted to them semi-bashfully, probably because I've never addressed that many women at once :) Anywho I had the absolute honor of meeting and sitting next to three very exceptional young women, who happen to have their own band, I think their called "The Barlow Girls"... of course at the time I didn't know that and asked them "So... how do you guys know Sarah?" as the entire table looked at me as if they all simultaneously said "ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!" The one sitting next to me, Lauren, said "um we're related" and I said "OH, that's cool..." and then

Sarah: Um they have a band...
Me: Oh really? That's exciting
Sarah: Yeah... um... have you heard of The Barlow Girls?

- A silence hovers over the table as if someone turned us all on MUTE
- What seemed like 1 min later... actually 3-4 seconds...

Me: OHH!!! So you three are The Barlow Girls, ok well it's NICE TO MEET YOU!! :)

- A laughter fills the table, which then fills the RESTAURANT [Sarah, you know that laugh was yours ;) - just kidding]

Following that AWESOME (sarcastic undertone) display of Rico Suaveness in meeting 3 amazing women for the first time... wait a go Steeeeve :( The night was a blast, from inside jokes, to strolling down memory lane, and making jokes about photos of other countries with Lauren, (good stuff, I'm telling you we should really try for that cable night show, haha) The night was an overall success and one of the best I have ever had in a really long time. God has a great way of speaking to you when you least expect it, giving you rest when it is much needed, watching over you and always seeing you through the difficult stuff every form, reminding you that friends are blessings too, and introducing you to more GREAT people who just add to those blessings :)

The images are from my first Senior shoot with a great friend and client, thanks Gianna it was such a good shoot and you were GREAT, hope you Enjoy them, and don't forget to COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, ONE... BY... ONE ;) Be BLESSED EVERY + 1 ;)





1 comment:

Cait said...

Whoa. You didn't know who they were?! That's bad, man. Well at least they straightened you out! :) Great pics, by the way.